Friday, January 21, 2011

Momentum has arrived

So I've had all these ideas and plans to do numerous things...... One was to write again, filter my thoughts & ideas.
So here I am writing and I feel this overflow of words and excites me! YUPPIE! Even with Mickey Mouse Club, floating loudly in the background...

The thoughts & ideas are from anywhere to business, writing, flowers, pottery & painting kitchen cabinets, ETC. Instead of moving in those ideas I've just sat here day dreaming about them and wondered if and when I was going to take the ultimate plunge...And bring one or two or all of the ideas to life.

Well I did it.... I'm taking the plunge , the momentum has arrived and I am painting my kitchen cabinets!!!!! Yay! finally! Hooray!

Movement has arrived in many areas of my life in this season, but let me start sharing the experience with the "cabinets."

I'm going to be writing about the process. So I here I go......
One of the reasons I want to paint the cabinets is they have a serious 80's look going on. They are so boring and have no character! They remind me of kitchen scene from a 80's flick , like footloose, eight is enough, facts of life..... I could go on. I want to bring them to life. The cabinets are oak wood they really do have potiental.We have a total of 28 cabinets so this is going to be a serious job.

Take a looksy....













28 cabinets total!


Tim & I sure have our work cut out for us!






The look I've decided is black stain & roughen the edges and random places through the stain to give it a rustic, shabby look. They will fabulous when there done!

More to come later my friends! Pray and wish us luck! Seriously!

OH!


P.S. To those friends that would like to help or have showed interest... (you know who your are) feel free to stop by and grab some goggles and paint brush and keep me company ;)

more to come!
Trisha
















































3 comments:

  1. I read this post last night sometime, and I ended having a dream that I was in charge of doing all those cabinets. It was terrible! I think they kept breeding or something. It cracked me today when I realized that I was dreaming about your cabinets!

    Good Luck with those. I'm pretty sure I'm going to opt out on helping.
    : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha!That really could of been a prophetic dream Brandi :)
    Dont be afraid if you get and invitation to my house.... I was thinking of having you over for coffee anyway.. you and Rachel and few friends.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HOLY MOLY,,thats gonna be a lot of cabinets.
    I can't wait to see when they are done.
    YOU GO GIRL......let me know if Tim needs some help with that projecy, my husband is retired and could give a helping hand.

    ReplyDelete